Sunday 12 October 2014

Discoggs 2 - And so it goes...

Another week over, another playlist featuring people I've seen/things that have tickled my ears this week.



And for the visually minded...



Two Weeks - FKA Twigs
FKA Twigs is like some warrior-goddess-hybrid. My jaw actually dropped when I saw her at Hackney Empire this week.

Our Love - Caribou
Everyone in London was either at the FKA Twigs show or watching Caribou on Wednesday night it seems (according to my twitter timeline anyway).

Morning - Beck
I'm still reeling from the Roundhouse show.

Travelin' Man - Still Flyin'
This band broke my heart. I saw them at the Lexington a few years ago and they stopped touring the next week. Breaks. My. Heart.

Last January - The Twilight Sad
Sounds like Interpol if they'd grown up in Scotland.

Mistaken For Strangers - The National
Another uninnocent, elegant fall into the unmagnificent lives of adults.

Memphis Soul Stew - King Curtis
The bass. Oh, the bass.

I Jus Wanna Love U (Give it 2 me) - Jay Z
I saw Pharrell on Friday night. Forgot how many amazing tracks he's had a hand in. He's like a hit-making machine.

Nevermind the End - Tei Shi
Thanks to Danny Wright for pulling her into my consciousness. Brooklyn via Bogota singer who's about to go stratospheric I imagine. This is from her 2013 album and I can't stop listening to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment