Sunday 24 May 2015

Discoggs 18 - the one at The Great Escape

My adventures took me to Brighton last weekend for The Great Escape festival. Like a little SXSW it's the perfect opportunity to catch up with friends from all over the world and find new artists to fall in love with. Here are some of the bands I got to see there, and at other gigs I've been fortunate enough to catch this week:







Spring King brought out my inner 17 year old in a church hall (yes, really) and Dry the River made my heart soar at the end of Brighton Pier. I thought I might die of heat exhaustion at a sweaty PINS show and became transfixed by Viet Cong as they played a surprise gig in London. I lost my heart to Gengahr (again) and had it soothed by Little May. 

Spring King - Demons 

Viet Cong - Continental Shelf

Gengahr - Bathed in Light

Little May - Boardwalks

Dry the River - Shaker Hymns

John Joseph Brill - Muscle and Bone

Arkells - Leather Jacket

Tei Shi - Bassically

PINS - Girls Like Us

Service Bells - Almost/Never

Fist City - Endless Bummer

Marlon Williams - The Ballad of Minnie Dean

Hein Cooper - What Would You Say

No comments:

Post a Comment